Access Networks Planning Engineer
(Based in Nicosia, Cyprus)
We are currently looking for an Access Networks Planning Engineer, who will be responsible for the designing, planning, dimensioning and reporting activities related to the mobile access networks. Additionally, the Access Networks Planning Engineer will be providing cost optimized, reliable and high performance mobile access networks, according to the epic overall strategic targets and the guidelines given by the Access Network Planning Manager.
• Issuing the design, planning and dimensioning (hardware and software) of the mobile access networks (incl. BSCs, RNCs, BTS, NodeBs and eNodeBs).
• Preparing all necessary configuration details of elements that the team is responsible for.
• Reviewing the configuration changes that were sent to optimization team concerning the mobile access networks elements.
• Helping in preparing the necessary design and configuration for the implementation of new nodes.
• Preparing performance reports.
• Reviewing optimization proposals from MSP and ensuring that they are aligned with the epic strategy and interests.
• Following up with optimization team the optimization of underperforming cells and problematic areas.
• Preparing configuration changes and implementations of new elements in the mobile access networks.
• Helping in the preparation of ordering of hardware, features, functionalities and software releases for the mobile access networks.
• Participating and validating the acceptance tests of new elements and features in the mobile access networks, during the First Office Application Phase.
• Monitoring overall network impact of proposed configuration changes.
• Studying new technologies and suggesting improvements in the mobile access networks.
• Documenting network configurations and solutions, maintaining an updated library with the configurations of the network.
• BSc (Bachelor) in Computing Science or Engineering, Master preferably in Telecommunications or Networks
• 2-3 years’ experience in Mobile Radio Networks
• Good knowledge of mobile network concepts, architectures and communication flows
• Good knowledge of mobile radio and access networks optimization concepts and processes.
• Good knowledge of switching protocols, e.g. SS7, SIGTRAN
• Good knowledge of LAN/WAN switching/routing technologies and protocols
• Capability to generate and analyse measurement reports
• Good knowledge of Unix or Linux
• Fluent written and spoken Greek and English
All interested candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com stating the job title in the subject line. Applications close on 23 April 2020.
Για να έχεις εσύ τον απόλυτο έλεγχο της γραμμής σου